Define the Requirements
- In-depth discussions are held with the appropriate client contact to gain a complete understanding of company operations and objectives as well as the specific skills, attributes and style of person they want to hire.
- Select Search’s recruiting expertise and experience with Environmental, Health and Safety assignments and industry knowledge is critical in helping to understand these position specifications and provides an instant candidate database.
- Develop a specification, clearly defining the scope of the position, specific duties and personal attributes. Each specification is reviewed with the client to ensure a clear and complete understanding, and throughout the search maintain regular communication with the client.
- Requirements in-hand, Select Search uses its total resources and 15 plus years of EHS recruiting to identify a list of potential candidates. These resources include original research, results from similar searches and direct referrals from our network of industry EHS contacts.
- Contact with selected individuals is made in a direct and confidential manner. Preliminary assessment of qualifications and interest is made through subsequent discussions and correspondence. After reviewing background information on each possible candidate, we conduct in-depth interviews with the most promising candidates to further evaluate qualifications, personality style and compatibility with the organization’s culture.
- Confidentiality is provided to protect both client and candidate. Identities are revealed to viable candidates only at the appropriate time. Only those candidates found to be both qualified and genuinely interested in the position are recommended for client presentation.
Selection and Follow-up
- Select Search directs its efforts toward differentiating between the adequate individual and the candidate that best satisfies the client’s requirements.
- Feedback from the client on each candidate is vital to narrowing the field. This feedback is most important early on and will help both Select Search and the client understand what is most important in selecting the successful candidate.
- Select Search will help provide insight on employment offers and negotiate terms if needed and assist with final details to promote acceptance, avoid misunderstandings and facilitate an orderly transition into the new position.
We understand that there is always room to improve our processes. We strive to continually evaluate client and candidate needs as well as our overall communication.